That being said however, it took a bloody long time for anyone to actually do anything in 2015. It's well-known that the music industry basically takes two months off over Christmas, but it was at least Easter before any truly good music was being released in 2015 and even then it was pop stars pretending to release music under the guise of a featuring spot with a dance act. Little Mix definitely held the crown of 'Act Of The Summer', but mostly because there weren't really that many other contenders. Unless you count Jess Glynne. But then I never count that characterless lump of boring (yes, yes, I know she features on the list several times, but she's still DULL).
But then the autumn happened and with it came Adele, Bieber and Sia and suddenly 2015 began to seem like a classic year, during which:
- Fleur East released a song called 'Sax' that featured precisely no saxophones.
- Carly Rae Jepsen released a technically perfect pop album but nobody was really that interested.
- Nick Jonas released some stomping tunes, but people only really wanted to see him shirtless.
- Coldplay returned and were basically brilliant, as usual.
- Somehow, Sia established herself as one of the biggest popstars in the world. And all without showing her face.
It's been a funny old year, but let's take a look back at the best of the best... It's Haus of Phag's Top 40 Singles of 2015!